Friday, July 17, 2009

No Yao next year for Houston


Rockets center Yao Ming will likely miss the entire 09/10 season after surgery on his broken right foot. Now what, Yao averaged 17.1 ppg, 10.9 rpg, started in the allstar game and finally made it out of the first of round last year. This leaves the Houston rebuilding the remainder of this offseason and next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a big move involving Tracy Mcgrady. I could see the jumping in the Carlos Boozer bidding if they have the pieces to offer, and if it works in the salary cap. The Rockets still have their mid-level exception of about five and a half million dollars to use. Houston signed Trevor Ariza with an injury exception that was granted to them by the league when it was determined that Yao would be out indefinitely. I don't think the Rockets have a good chance of being a solid contender next year. Without Ron Artest, (signed with the Lakers) Yao, and T-mac not producing looks like rebuilding time for the Rockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This NBA blog is going to be is goig to be ine of the best out there by a non-anlyst I have little weekly segments they'll be monday's match ups, (when the season starts) high lighting mondays best match ups, top-5 tusday which will be various top 5 countdowns and my player of the week on friday I'll have daily new(and scores of each game when the season starts) and my peformance of the night (when the season starts) so check me out no fantasy updates